Our team of highly experienced lawyers support organizations and high net worth individuals who are active in Turkey, helping them to meet their Environmental, Social, & Governance (“ESG”) focused business needs and goals.
As a leading full-service law firm in Turkey working across a range of industries, we anticipate the changes that arise from an ever-evolving ESG landscape, which allows us to develop effective solutions for our clients. We achieve this by having a considered understanding of all the regulatory and legislative drivers of the market in Turkey across a wide range of sectors. We take a holistic approach, that embodies everything from climate change and resource efficiency to human rights, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, responsible corporate governance, data privacy, business ethics and general risk management.
We advise a diverse range of clients on varied ESG initiatives helping them to meet and exceed new and evolving standards across a broad range of industries. We collaborate with third-party ESG experts to provide clear, versatile, and integrated advice on various ESG relevant topics, including but not limited to the following:
- Evaluating due diligence processes for clients on ESG focus areas with a view to advising on developing ESG governance roadmaps and strategies.
- Compliance with a range of environmental regulations, including those relating to climate change, water, waste and air toxics, etc.
- The adoption and implementation of global ESG standards considering their potential foreign investment opportunities.
- Developing and implementing ESG-related investment policies and investor engagement documentation with respect to ESG matters in Turkey.
Cetinkaya’s ESG priorities comprise, but are not limited to:
- Prioritizing our team’s health and wellbeing. Taking action to help and collaborate with the wider communities that we engage with.
- Transparency in how we help our clients to improve their business performance with an ESG-focused approach that encourages financial stability, and responsible long-term growth.
- Ownership and accountability for the way that we conduct business.
- Increasing our work focus on ESG and the changing expectations of the corporate world so that we respond appropriately in a variety of situations.
- Committing to consistent high performance, specifically in terms of delivering sustainable ESG strategies to clients.
- Doing the right thing in every situation defines who we are. Integrity is a key component of everything we do.
- Client guidance that is based on extensive legal, compliance and consulting experience along with key external research benchmarks and standards.
- Continually seeking opportunities to reduce our own environmental impacts through energy and resource efficiency, waste prevention, sustainable travel, and supply chain engagement.